Monday 4 February 2013

Emergency management conference prize

My University Research News eChannel has covered the prize I won for best presentation at the Emergency Services conference at Nottingham Trent University, November 2012, when I talked about the research I have done into collective resilience in mass emergencies (some references below). It was a nice surprise, as I had left the conference an hour early to meet up with an old friend, and later found out by e-mail that I had won but missed the award ceremony, which explains the rather windswept picture of me holding the certificate on my University campus in Brighton.

Text is second item down in the eChannel coverage.


Cocking C (In Press) ‘Crowd resilience during the 7/7/2005 London Bombings: Implications for the Emergency Services. International Journal of the Emergency Services.
Drury, J., Cocking, C., Reicher, S. (2009). The nature of collective ‘resilience’: Survivor reactions to the July 7th (2005) London bombings. International Journal of Mass Emergencies and Disasters 27 (1) 66-95.
Drury, J. and Cocking, C. (2007). The mass psychology of disasters and emergency evacuations: A research report and implications for practice. University of Sussex.  http://www.sussex.ac.uk/affiliates/panic/Disasters%20and%20emergency%20evacuations%20(2007).pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment